The enteric methane mitigation potential of 3-nitrooxypropanol (3-NOP) has been confirmed in previous studies. Previous studies have shown a persistent methane mitigation effect when 3-NOP is administered through the total mixed ration (TMR). In a recent article appearing in the Journal of Dairy Science, scientists from six universities studied the methane mitigation effects of varying doses of 3-NOP in the feed of 49 multiparous Holstein cows at The Pennsylvania State University’s Dairy Teaching and Research Center.
- Survey: barriers, not demographics, affect willingness to pursue veterinary care
- Reactive halogen from domestic coal burning aggravates winter air pollution
- Borderline personality disorder: Don’t ignore it
- Boosting the efficiency of carbon capture and conversion systems
- Dietary adherence and the fight against obesity