A team of scientists working at Berkeley Lab’s 88-Inch Cyclotron has discovered a new form of the human-made element mendelevium. The newly created isotope, mendelevium-244, is the 17th and lightest form of the element, which was first discovered in 1955 by a Berkeley Lab team.
- Patients of Asian and black backgrounds more likely to die from COVID, large study reveals
- Magnetic waves explain mystery of Sun’s outer layer
- CT identifies patients with high-risk nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
- Research shows preference for male children is declining in Bangladesh
- Microbiome Search Engine 2 helps researchers explore microbiome space