A highly unusual gravitational wave signal, detected by the LIGO and Virgo observatories in the US and Italy, was generated by a new class of binary systems (two astronomical objects orbiting around each other), an international team of astrophysicists has confirmed.
- How heavy is dark matter? Scientists radically narrow the potential mass range for the first time
- Engineers share model for ventilating two patients with one ventilator
- Social media study reveals diabetics’ fear of disrupted insulin supplies because of Brexit
- COVID-19 increases mortality rate among pregnant women
- How climate caprices can trigger plants