Lobachevsky University scientists together with foreign colleagues for the first time theoretically substantiated the existence of concept cells. These are individual neurons, and each of them is responsible for its own abstract concept, such as the musical note «A». Researchers have shown how these cells work using the example of Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony.
- Mount Sinai researchers build models using machine learning technique to enhance predictions of COVID-19 outcomes
- Eliminating microplastics in wastewater directly at the source
- Vermont’s BIPOC drivers are most likely to have a run-in with police, study shows
- Many parents say teens with anxiety, depression may benefit from peer confidants at school
- Where COVID-19 hit hardest, sudden deaths outside the hospital increased