Researchers at TU Darmstadt halt individual photons and can release them at the push of a button. The tool could be used for bug-proof communications, for example, or for something that was previously impossible. A recent paper on their work was published in ;Optics Express’.
- Perspective: Understanding COVID-19 vaccine efficacy
- Scientists identify compound that stimulates muscle cells in mice
- Word graph analysis confirms that dream report structure varies according to sleep stage
- Novel method for measuring spatial dependencies turns less data into more data
- Smile, wave: Some exoplanets may be able to see us, too