Despite having the first confirmed case of coronavirus and the first major COVID-19 outbreak in the United States, the state of Washington implemented a response plan that kept its death rate the lowest among all states that have had major outbreaks. A multidisciplinary consensus panel of 26 experts analyzed western Washington’s response and identified six key factors that contributed to “flattening the curve” in the state.
- Study measures effectiveness of different face mask materials when coughing
- Seesaw of Indo-Pacific summer monsoons triggered by the tropical Atlantic Ocean
- International team tracks record-setting smoke cloud from Australian wildfires
- Study finds seabird ecosystem shift in Falkland islands
- Shot of alcohol can help an irregular heartbeat