Wrinkles, furrows, spots: a person’s aging process is accompanied by tell-tale signs on their face. Researchers from the Institute for Neural Computation at Ruhr-Universität Bochum (RUB) have developed an algorithm that interprets these features very reliably. It makes it possible to estimate the age and ethnicity of people so accurately that it catapulted RUB researchers to the top of the league table worldwide for a while. The RUB team published its report in the journal “Machine Learning” from May 2020.
- Lab-grown mini-lungs mimic the real thing – right down to covid infection
- Soil fungi act like a support network for trees, study shows
- COVID-19: Dexamethasone discovery carries treatment implications
- Hackensack Meridian CDI, University of Michigan show faster COVID-19 antibody test
- Comparing canine brains using 3D-endocast modelling