Scientists at Scripps Research have developed molecules that can remodel the bacterial population of intestines to a healthier state. They also have shown–through experiments in mice–that this approach reduces cholesterol levels and strongly inhibits the thickened-artery condition known as atherosclerosis.
- Cause of Alzheimer’s disease traced to mutation in common enzyme
- Elkhorn coral actively fighting off diseases on reef, study finds
- Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. to publish Journal of Correctional Health Care
- Exploring the source of stars and planets in a laboratory
- Fipronil, a common insecticide, disrupts aquatic communities in the U.S.