The complex food shopping patterns that financially insecure families employ have been upended by COVID-19. While the maximum benefit for SNAP increased, this policy change alone will not address many of the barriers low-income families are facing in acquiring food during the pandemic. To facilitate advocacy and policy change around this food insecurity crisis, researchers developed a web mapping tool that details states where SNAP shoppers can purchase groceries online and key SNAP policies.
- Paper: Congress must clarify limits of gene-editing technologies
- Palliative care needed across China for everyone who needs it — study
- Legacy pollutants found in migratory terns in Great Lakes region
- The soft power concept of German energy foreign policy
- Bronze Age herders were less mobile than previously thought