Antonio Molina and his research group at Centro de Biotecnología y Genómica de Plantas in Spain aimed to understand the role of the cell wall in the regulation of plant resistance responses to pathogens. To do that, they selected a collection of mutants with alterations on their cell walls composition/structure and analyzed their resistance to different pathogens.
- Soil-powered fuel cell promises cheap, sustainable water purification
- Reforestation plans in Africa could go awry
- Coral researchers find link between bacterial genus and disease susceptibility
- How computer scientists and marketers can create a better CX with AI
- Scientists discover new organic compounds that could have helped form the first cells