Light exerts a certain amount of pressure onto a body: sun sails could thus power space probes in the future. However, when light particles (photons) hit an individual molecule and knock out an electron, the molecule flies toward the light source. Atomic physicists at Goethe University have now observed this for the first time, confirming a 90 year-old theory.
- Hot-button words trigger conservatives and liberals differently
- A CNIO team describes how a virus can cause diabetes
- From pills to powder: 1 in 3 high school seniors who misused prescription opioids later used heroin
- Repairing the photosynthetic enzyme Rubisco
- Removal of synthetic estrogen from water