Blood vessels are the body’s transportation system, carrying oxygen and nutrients to cells and whisking away waste. A research team led by a scientist at Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology (TUAT) in Japan has discovered a mechanism by which the growth of these vessels’ inner liner is stimulated, which may lead to therapeutics that could cut vessels off from tumors or help rebuild vessels in degenerative diseases.
- Tissue, scaffold technologies provide new options for breast cancer, other diseases
- High fat diets may over-activate destructive heart disease protein
- A materials science approach to combating coronavirus
- New study proposes a low cost, high efficiency mask design
- Coffee for the birds: connecting bird-watchers with shade-grown coffee