The COVID-19 pandemic means that scientists face great challenges because they have to reorient, interrupt or even cancel research and teaching. A team of international scientists including the University of Göttingen published an international appeal highlighting the precarious situation of many scientists and calling for a collective effort by the scientific community, especially from its leadership, to protect decades of effort to build an inclusive scientific community. Their letter appeared in Nature Ecology and Evolution.
- 3D hand pose estimation using a wrist-worn camera
- MonoEye: A human motion capture system using a single wearable camera
- Ketamine, a painkiller used by the army, does not impair tolerance to blood loss
- A new way of looking at the Earth’s interior
- Diagnosing Parkinson’s disease with skin samples could lead to earlier detection