The paper, ‘Coherent multidimensional photoelectron spectroscopy of ultrafast quasiparticle dressing by light,’ describes how applying intense optical fields to electrons in metals can change how electrons flow between the ions. The results could introduce new innovations by using light to control the properties of matter.
- COVID-19 lockdown reduced mental health, sleep, exercise
- Coating implants with ‘artificial bone’ to prevent inflammation
- COVID-19 anxiety linked to body image issues
- Medical minds meet to develop novel treatment for one patient’s immune system defect
- Report calls for easing access, improving home health for older adults