The novel coronavirus pandemic that originated in China has created a backlash in the United States against Asian Americans. Researchers in New Zealand found a strong relationship between the pandemic, social media use and prejudice. Gender appears to play a significant role in predicting whether someone reacts more intellectually or emotionally to perceived threats from a minority population.
- Medical minds meet to develop novel treatment for one patient’s immune system defect
- Report calls for easing access, improving home health for older adults
- COVID-19 news from Annals of Internal Medicine
- DNA in fringe-lipped bat poop reveals unexpected eating habits
- DrugCell: new experimental AI platform matches tumor to best drug combo