UNC School of Medicine researchers Aravinda de Silva, PhD, and Prem Lakshmanane, Ph.D., and colleagues developed a COVID-19 test that pinpoints human antibodies specific to a particular part of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein. The test can be ramped up to document past and recent COVID-19 infections and possibly used to identify asymptomatic virus infection and the level of immunity in individuals.
- Wildfires can cause dangerous debris flows
- Technology shines the light on ovarian cancer treatments
- Thymoquinone induces apoptosis & DNA damage in 5-Fluorouracil-resistant colorectal cancer
- Oncotarget: quantitative ultrasound radiomics in prediction of treatment response for breast cancer
- U of M trial shows hydroxychloroquine does not prevent COVID-19 in health care workers