Prof. Ariel Kushmaro of the BGU Avram and Stella Goldstein-Goren Department of Biotechnology Engineering and the Chinese research team evaluated 14 different types of Sichuan pickles from southwest China. They extracted 54 different strains of Lactobacilli and found that one, L. plantarum K41, significantly reduced the incidence and severity of cavities. K41 was also highly tolerant of acids and salts, an additional benefit as a probiotic for harsh oral conditions. It also could have potential commercial value when added to dairy products.
- Experts see substantial danger to democratic stability around 2020 election
- Giving the immune system a double boost against cancer
- Sexual health often overlooked in cancer survivorship care, especially for female patients
- Stereotypes and discrimination contribute to HIV-related stigma among nursing staff
- Can glucose-lowering drugs impact mortality in COVID-19 patients with type 2 diabetes?