A new endemic deep-water dogfish shark: Squalus shiraii, was discovered in the tropical waters of Southern Japan by an international team of scientists led by Dr. Sarah Viana from South African Institute for Aquatic Biodiversity. The finding brings the amount of spurdogs shark species inhabiting Japanese waters to six. The discovery is published in the open-access journal Zoosystematics and Evolution.
- Experts see substantial danger to democratic stability around 2020 election
- Giving the immune system a double boost against cancer
- Sexual health often overlooked in cancer survivorship care, especially for female patients
- Stereotypes and discrimination contribute to HIV-related stigma among nursing staff
- Can glucose-lowering drugs impact mortality in COVID-19 patients with type 2 diabetes?