A new endemic deep-water dogfish shark: Squalus shiraii, was discovered in the tropical waters of Southern Japan by an international team of scientists led by Dr. Sarah Viana from South African Institute for Aquatic Biodiversity. The finding brings the amount of spurdogs shark species inhabiting Japanese waters to six. The discovery is published in the open-access journal Zoosystematics and Evolution.
- Built to last: New copolymer binder to extend the life of lithium ion batteries
- Life’s rich pattern: Researchers use sound to shape the future of printing
- New method facilitates development of antibody-based drugs
- What can stream quality tell us about quality of life?
- Sports information on social networks leaves out women, disabled and minority disciplines