UAB researchers, based on a collection of clinical isolates from several countries, have established a link between the cell-to-cell communication system (the quorum sensing) and the virulence and resistance phenotypes in Stenotrophomonas maltophilia. In addition they have identified potential high-risk clones circulating worldwide.
- Oncotarget: Survival after resection of brain metastases: A matched cohort analysis
- Indian and Pakistani women diagnosed with more aggressive breast cancer at younger age
- Oncotarget: Evaluation of cellular alteration & inflammatory profile of cells
- Cause of Alzheimer’s disease traced to mutation in common enzyme
- Elkhorn coral actively fighting off diseases on reef, study finds