An infection with Chagas disease is only possible in Latin America since the insect species that spread the disease only occur there. Scientists at Goethe University and the Senckenberg Society for Natural Research have now used ecological niche models to calculate the extent to which habitats outside of the Americas may also be suitable for the bugs.
- Lab-grown mini-lungs mimic the real thing – right down to covid infection
- Soil fungi act like a support network for trees, study shows
- COVID-19: Dexamethasone discovery carries treatment implications
- Hackensack Meridian CDI, University of Michigan show faster COVID-19 antibody test
- Comparing canine brains using 3D-endocast modelling