An infection with Chagas disease is only possible in Latin America since the insect species that spread the disease only occur there. Scientists at Goethe University and the Senckenberg Society for Natural Research have now used ecological niche models to calculate the extent to which habitats outside of the Americas may also be suitable for the bugs.
- The risks of communicating extreme climate forecasts
- Researchers use machine learning to identify autism blood biomarkers
- Over 80% of Atlantic Rainforest remnants have been impacted by human activity
- ‘Miracle poison’ for novel therapeutics
- Paleontologists discover new insect group after solving 150-year-old mystery