A forest’s ability to store carbon depends significantly on the bedrock beneath, according to Penn State researchers who studied forest productivity, composition and associated physical characteristics of rocks in the Appalachian ridge and Valley Region of Pennsylvania.
- Bearded seals are loud – but not loud enough
- A combination therapy for treating severe neurological childhood disorders
- Study identifies strengths and challenges of responding to dual disasters
- Diabetes patients use of mobile health app found to improve health outcomes, lower medical costs
- Record-high Arctic freshwater will flow to Labrador Sea, affecting local and global oceans