A team of researchers from the University of Rochester and the Israeli-based Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya examined the effects of playing hard to get, a mating strategy that is likely to instill a certain degree of uncertainty. In a new study they show that making the chase harder increases a potential mate’s desirability.
- Study shows myocarditis linked to COVID-19 not as common as believed
- Water fleas on ‘happy pills’ have more offspring
- Breakthrough quantum-dot transistors create a flexible alternative to conventional electronics
- Losing ground in biodiversity hotspots worldwide
- Positive outlook predicts less memory decline