For the first time, researchers at The Westmead Institute for Medical Research (WIMR) have identified and described a new and unique subset of human cells that are involved in the immune response against hepatitis B (HBV) infection. The discovery could help develop new treatments for HBV and inform future vaccine design.
- UMass Amherst research compares sensitivity of all genes to chemical exposure
- ‘Time machine’ offers new pancreatic cancer drug testing approach
- Stronger treatments could cure Chagas disease
- Disease-transmission model forecasts election outcomes
- Facing up to the reality of politicians’ Instagram posts