Neurons that are responsible for new experiences interfere with the signals of neurons that contain memories and thereby disturb the recall of memories – at least in mice. The research group of Martin Fuhrmann of the German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) reports this phenomenon in the scientific journal ‘Nature Neuroscience’. The results of this study potentially shed new light on memory impairment in Alzheimer’s disease.
- Oncotarget: Survival after resection of brain metastases: A matched cohort analysis
- Indian and Pakistani women diagnosed with more aggressive breast cancer at younger age
- Oncotarget: Evaluation of cellular alteration & inflammatory profile of cells
- Cause of Alzheimer’s disease traced to mutation in common enzyme
- Elkhorn coral actively fighting off diseases on reef, study finds