An experimental study from researchers in the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania links a specific procedure — embryo culture — that is part of the assisted reproduction process (ART) to placental abnormalities, risk for preeclampsia, and abnormal fetal growth. The team, led by Marisa Bartolemei, PhD, a professor of Cell and Developmental Biology, published their findings today in Development.
- Bearded seals are loud – but not loud enough
- A combination therapy for treating severe neurological childhood disorders
- Study identifies strengths and challenges of responding to dual disasters
- Diabetes patients use of mobile health app found to improve health outcomes, lower medical costs
- Record-high Arctic freshwater will flow to Labrador Sea, affecting local and global oceans