A current study  reports on two COVID-19 patients with acute kidney injury. The virus was detected in throat swabs only, but not in kidney tissue, so it is suspected that inflammatory or immunological reactions are the cause, particularly in people with a certain genetic predisposition.
- Oncotarget: Evaluation of cellular alteration & inflammatory profile of cells
- Cause of Alzheimer’s disease traced to mutation in common enzyme
- Elkhorn coral actively fighting off diseases on reef, study finds
- Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. to publish Journal of Correctional Health Care
- Exploring the source of stars and planets in a laboratory