Sometimes toxins, such as hazardous wastes and industrial byproducts, seep into groundwater, the source of our drinking water. One such pollutant is perchlorate, a chemical compound used in rocket fuels, fireworks, fertilizers and other materials. The compound is thought to contribute to health issues in humans such as hypothyroidism, the decreased production of hormones from the thyroid gland, which can impact development.
- Oncotarget: Evaluation of cellular alteration & inflammatory profile of cells
- Cause of Alzheimer’s disease traced to mutation in common enzyme
- Elkhorn coral actively fighting off diseases on reef, study finds
- Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. to publish Journal of Correctional Health Care
- Exploring the source of stars and planets in a laboratory