Researchers at Kumamoto University, Japan have discovered that uric acid, an antioxidant, protects against declining lung function, especially in women. High uric acid levels can cause health problems, but this study showed that it protects against lung function decline in females. The function of uric acid and other antioxidants in the lungs, as well as gender differences, will likely be considered for prospective management of lung diseases.
- Soil-powered fuel cell promises cheap, sustainable water purification
- Reforestation plans in Africa could go awry
- Coral researchers find link between bacterial genus and disease susceptibility
- How computer scientists and marketers can create a better CX with AI
- Scientists discover new organic compounds that could have helped form the first cells