A new study confirms that the lockdown in France successfully reduced the spread of COVID-19 with a seven-fold reduction in the R-number, the measurement of transmission rate. The researchers warn that restrictions should be lifted with caution because of the high risk of a second wave of infections; herd immunity is far from reached as only 4% of the French population have been infected by the end of lockdown and many infectious cases still exist.
- New national poll: young Americans favor reforms
- Perspective: Understanding COVID-19 vaccine efficacy
- Scientists identify compound that stimulates muscle cells in mice
- Word graph analysis confirms that dream report structure varies according to sleep stage
- Novel method for measuring spatial dependencies turns less data into more data