The risk of death is relatively high in kidney transplant patients admitted to hospital with COVID-19. Advanced age is the most important risk factor for death but, unlike in the general population, male sex, diabetes and cardiovascular disease do not appear to increase this risk. Younger, healthier patients may not be at special risk if they adhere strictly to hygiene and social distancing advice.
- Study helps explain declines in death rates from COVID-19
- Wildfires can cause dangerous debris flows
- Technology shines the light on ovarian cancer treatments
- Thymoquinone induces apoptosis & DNA damage in 5-Fluorouracil-resistant colorectal cancer
- Oncotarget: quantitative ultrasound radiomics in prediction of treatment response for breast cancer