A research team from Genethon, in collaboration with teams from CNRS/Inserm and from the biotechnology company Spark Therapeutics, announced today in Nature Medicine that it has succeeded in inhibiting the immune response induced by AAV antibodies present as a result of natural immunity or following gene therapy, thanks to the IdeS enzyme. This result opens up new therapeutic prospects and the possibility of treating more patients.
- New technology allows scientists first glimpse of intricate details of Little Foot’s life
- Tissue, scaffold technologies provide new options for breast cancer, other diseases
- High fat diets may over-activate destructive heart disease protein
- A materials science approach to combating coronavirus
- New study proposes a low cost, high efficiency mask design