Monoclonal antibody mAB C6-17 targeting human/mutant huntingtin protein (HTT/mutHTT) was developed and characterized. In vitro assay for testing cell-to-cell transmission of mutHTT was established. For the first time, capability of antibody to block mutHTT transmission in vitro was demonstrated. Results support potential of AFFiRiS’ antibody-based concept for a new therapeutic targeting circulating extracellular mutHTT.
- Evolution of consumption: A psychological ownership framework
- Hospital floors are hotspot for bacteria, creating route of transfer to patients
- Decaying jellyfish blooms can cause temporary changes to water column food webs
- Decision conflict before cancer surgery correlates with lower activity after surgery
- Archaeologists reveal human resilience in the face of climate change in ancient Turkey