Monoclonal antibody mAB C6-17 targeting human/mutant huntingtin protein (HTT/mutHTT) was developed and characterized. In vitro assay for testing cell-to-cell transmission of mutHTT was established. For the first time, capability of antibody to block mutHTT transmission in vitro was demonstrated. Results support potential of AFFiRiS’ antibody-based concept for a new therapeutic targeting circulating extracellular mutHTT.
- Berkeley Lab science snapshots
- New treatment targets found for blinding retinal disease
- KIST finds clue to improve artificial vision for patients with retinitis pigmentosa
- How to boost tips and donations with the dueling preference approach
- UT southwestern levels the playing field for testicular cancer patients