The Latin name for brook trout — Salvelinus fontinalis — means ‘speckled fish of the fountains,’ but a new study by Penn State researchers suggests, for the first time, that the larger streams and rivers those fountains, or headwaters, flow into may be just as important to the brook trout.
- COVID-19 lockdown reduced mental health, sleep, exercise
- Coating implants with ‘artificial bone’ to prevent inflammation
- COVID-19 anxiety linked to body image issues
- Medical minds meet to develop novel treatment for one patient’s immune system defect
- Report calls for easing access, improving home health for older adults