A study in the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (JAACAP), published by Elsevier, reports that many of the former child soldiers of Sierra Leone have been accepted by their families and communities as they try to overcome their childhood trauma, according to a team led by Boston College School of Social Work Salem Professor in Global Practice, Theresa S. Betancourt.
- Chemists build natural anti-cancer compound with lean new process
- Study finds benefit in more frequent HIV screenings for young men who have sex with men
- New studies highlight racial disparities among stroke patients with COVID-19
- “Ample evidence” that Cape Hatteras beach closures benefit birds
- Placebos prove powerful even when people know they’re taking one