A study in the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (JAACAP), published by Elsevier, reports that many of the former child soldiers of Sierra Leone have been accepted by their families and communities as they try to overcome their childhood trauma, according to a team led by Boston College School of Social Work Salem Professor in Global Practice, Theresa S. Betancourt.
- Study finds seabird ecosystem shift in Falkland islands
- Shot of alcohol can help an irregular heartbeat
- Location and extent of coral reefs mapped worldwide using advanced AI
- New sulfur dioxide conversion method may transform current industrial techniques
- SoundWatch: New smartwatch app alerts d/Deaf and hard-of-hearing users to birdsong, sirens and other desired sounds