In a new study, researchers looked at metabolic markers in the blood of 30 Humboldt penguins nesting in the Punta San Juan Marine Protected Area in Peru. The scientists discovered metabolic differences between penguins nesting in sheltered burrows and those in more exposed areas. Nesting success is critical to the Humboldt penguins’ survival as a species.
- Study shows variation in hospital visitor & ICU communication policies due to COVID-19
- Arecibo Observatory returns from tropical storm Isaias lockdown to track asteroid for NASA
- Credible assumptions replace missing data in COVID analysis
- Chemotherapy is used to treat less than 25% of people with localized sarcoma
- Unveiled: A channel SARS-CoV-2 may use to proceed with viral replication in the host cell