“Academic emergency departments never deny emergency care to any person.” That is the statement put forth in a commentary from the Board of Directors of the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine and the Senior Editorial Board of Academic Emergency Medicine journal. The commentary, to be published in the June issue of Academic Emergency Medicine, was written in response to recent news stories stating that patients with symptoms of COVID?19 were “turned away” from emergency departments.
- Liquid nanofoam: A game changer for future football helmets
- Antiseizure medication in pregnancy associated with twice the risk of autism in child
- Study raises questions about role of leisure activity in dementia
- Study helps explain why motivation to learn declines with age
- In study of 30,000 mild-to-moderate COVID-19 patients, antibody responses can persist for five months