Almost overnight, the rapid emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States and subsequent state and federal prevention measures dramatically altered daily behavior. A unique early study by researchers from the University of Connecticut provides the first snapshot of the immediate impact of COVID-19 on Americans’ stress levels, coping strategies, and adherence to public health guidelines.
- Study finds high levels of toxic pollutants in stranded dolphins and whales
- Few changes seen in ‘Big Five’ personality traits during early days of COVID-19 pandemic
- NASA’s Maven observes martian night sky pulsing in ultraviolet light
- Study shows variation in hospital visitor & ICU communication policies due to COVID-19
- Arecibo Observatory returns from tropical storm Isaias lockdown to track asteroid for NASA