Almost overnight, the rapid emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States and subsequent state and federal prevention measures dramatically altered daily behavior. A unique early study by researchers from the University of Connecticut provides the first snapshot of the immediate impact of COVID-19 on Americans’ stress levels, coping strategies, and adherence to public health guidelines.
- Artificial intelligence (AI)-aided disease prediction
- Physicists circumvent centuries-old theory to cancel magnetic fields
- Antibody screening finds COVID-19 nearly 7 times more prevalent in O.C. than thought
- Brazilian researchers discover how muscle regenerates after exercise
- High-sugar diet can damage the gut, intensifying risk for colitis