A Finnish research group has found strong evidence for the presence of exotic quark matter inside the cores of the largest neutron stars in existence. The conclusion was reached by combining recent results from theoretical particle and nuclear physics to measurements of gravitational waves from neutron star collisions.
- People with type 2 diabetes need not avoid eating potatoes based on glycemic index
- Concrete structure’s lifespan extended by a carbon textile
- Kid influencers are promoting junk food brands on YouTube — garnering more than a billion views
- Liver cancer diagnoses and deaths impacted by geography and household income
- 1 in 12 parents say their teen has attended a demonstration about racism or police reform