Using TPD technology, CeMM researchers set out to understand set out to understand the primary role of a key regulator of transcription, the human Mediator complex. The recent study by Georg Winter’s group discovered that Mediator particularly safeguards the transcription of a small set of cell-type-specifying genes. In collaboration with Patrick Cramer’s lab at the MPI for Biophysical Chemistry, the scientists revealed mechanistic details of how Mediator enables cells to robustly exert their dedicated functions.
- Berkeley Lab science snapshots
- New treatment targets found for blinding retinal disease
- KIST finds clue to improve artificial vision for patients with retinitis pigmentosa
- How to boost tips and donations with the dueling preference approach
- UT southwestern levels the playing field for testicular cancer patients