Using TPD technology, CeMM researchers set out to understand set out to understand the primary role of a key regulator of transcription, the human Mediator complex. The recent study by Georg Winter’s group discovered that Mediator particularly safeguards the transcription of a small set of cell-type-specifying genes. In collaboration with Patrick Cramer’s lab at the MPI for Biophysical Chemistry, the scientists revealed mechanistic details of how Mediator enables cells to robustly exert their dedicated functions.
- Indian and Pakistani women diagnosed with more aggressive breast cancer at younger age
- Oncotarget: Evaluation of cellular alteration & inflammatory profile of cells
- Cause of Alzheimer’s disease traced to mutation in common enzyme
- Elkhorn coral actively fighting off diseases on reef, study finds
- Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. to publish Journal of Correctional Health Care