Land use choices can have a significant impact on climate change mitigation and help meet the increased ambition foreseen by the ‘European Green Deal’. It is time to step up efforts to quantify the land sector’s carbon emissions and removals. A study, which includes the CMCC Foundation’s participation, analyses the EU regulations in force on the subject, which to date still place limits on the contribution that the land use sector can make to achieving the Union’s climate objectives.
- A-maze-ing pheasants have two ways of navigating
- On the line: Watching nanoparticles get in shape
- Study shows opioid use among US patients with knee osteoarthritis costs 14 billion dollars in societal costs
- Allergy season starts earlier each year due to climate change and pollen transport
- Mangrove forests store more carbon when they’re more diverse