Scientists from the University of Maryland School of Medicine (UMSOM) developed an experimental diagnostic test for COVID-19 that can visually detect the presence of the virus in 10 minutes. It uses a simple assay containing plasmonic gold nanoparticles to detect a color change when the virus is present. The test does not require the use of any advanced laboratory techniques, such as those commonly used to amplify DNA, for analysis.
- People with type 2 diabetes need not avoid eating potatoes based on glycemic index
- Concrete structure’s lifespan extended by a carbon textile
- Kid influencers are promoting junk food brands on YouTube — garnering more than a billion views
- Liver cancer diagnoses and deaths impacted by geography and household income
- 1 in 12 parents say their teen has attended a demonstration about racism or police reform