Germans have difficulty gauging the negative impact of weather conditions such as ground frost, heat, or UV radiation. This is one of the key results of a representative survey conducted by researchers at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development, published in Weather, Climate, and Society. The study’s authors advocate new impact forecasts that predict not only what the weather will be, but also what it will do.
- Berkeley Lab science snapshots
- New treatment targets found for blinding retinal disease
- KIST finds clue to improve artificial vision for patients with retinitis pigmentosa
- How to boost tips and donations with the dueling preference approach
- UT southwestern levels the playing field for testicular cancer patients