Glucocorticoids, which are widely used as treatment in intensive care, can nearly quadruple the death rate of patients suffering from acute respiratory distress syndrome. Researchers at the University of Turku, Finland, discovered the reason for the higher mortality. The findings are also important in the fight against COVID-19 disease.
- Cooked carrots can trigger allergic reactions
- Leading water scientists warn of risks in shift to monoculture crops, tree plantations
- New ‘atlas’ of human heart cells first step toward precision treatments for heart disease
- Talking alone: Researchers use artificial intelligence tools to predict loneliness
- Hypercoagulability in patients with coronavirus disease (COVID-19)