Researchers at the University of Copenhagen’s Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports have demonstrated that physical activity prompts a clean-up of muscles as the protein Ubiquitin tags onto worn-out proteins, causing them to be degraded. This prevents the accumulation of damaged proteins and helps keep muscles healthy.
- Does DNA in the water tell us how many fish are there?
- Towards lasers powerful enough to investigate a new kind of physics
- Center for BrainHealth advances understanding of brain connectivity in cannabis users
- Popular chemotherapy drug may be less effective in overweight and obese women
- Mobile clinics can help address health care needs of Latino farmworkers