An international team of researchers with the participation of IMBA – Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences – reports the discovery of a thinness gene – ALK – conserved in evolution from flies to mice and importantly in very thin humans. The results are published in the renowned journal Cell.
- Tissue, scaffold technologies provide new options for breast cancer, other diseases
- High fat diets may over-activate destructive heart disease protein
- A materials science approach to combating coronavirus
- New study proposes a low cost, high efficiency mask design
- Coffee for the birds: connecting bird-watchers with shade-grown coffee