State and federal lawmakers have expressed interest in creating a public health insurance option, with four different bills that would create a federal public option being introduced in the Congress in 2019.A new study that modeled four scenarios for offering a government-sponsored health plan finds that a public option could lower the cost of premiums, but on its own it is unlikely to substantially increase the overall number of people with coverage.
- Researchers find frustration is an additional factor of addiction
- Repurposed arthritis drug did not significantly improve severe COVID-19 pneumonia
- Future of immunotherapy could be ‘off-the-shelf’ treatments
- The enemy within: Understanding the mechanisms of r-chop resistance in b-cell lymphoma
- School-based dental program reduces cavities by more than 50%