Distinct from traditional spin valves with a sandwich structure consisting of two ferromagnetic metals decoupled by the insertion of a non-magnetic spacer, recently, a research team led by Prof. Kaiyou Wang from Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Sciences, collaborating with their colleagues, has demonstrated two-state and three-state spin-valve effects using Fe3GeTe2 vdW homo-junctions without any spacer layer. Realization of multi spin states using the vdW interfaces could be important for non-volatile spintronic applications.
- Temperature and aridity fluctuations over the past century linked to flower color changes
- Bioinspired materials from dandelions
- The battle against hard-to-treat fungal infections
- Presence and prevalence of salivary gland ectasia and oral disease in COVID-19 survivors
- New, highly precise ‘clock’ can measure biological age