A new study involving a scientific analysis of the prevalence of ‘LOL’ in students’ text messages demonstrates important potential applications for classroom learning. The study, ‘Linguistics in General Education: Expanding Linguistics Course Offerings through Core Competency Alignment,’ will be published in the June 2020 issue of the scholarly journal Language. An advance version of the article may be found at https://www.linguisticsociety.org/sites/default/files/LSA962101_0.pdf.
- New Lancet series shows mixed progress on maternal and child undernutrition in last decade
- “Magic sand” might help us understand the physics of granular matter
- One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to products for preventing HIV from anal sex
- Study reveals how egg cells get so big
- Survey identifies factors in reducing clinical research coordinator turnover