Researchers from Pennsylvania State University have discovered that alcohol withdrawal impacts somatostatin neurons in key brain regions associated with emotional processing and addiction. The findings are significant as they suggest that somatostatin neurons may be a viable new target for the treatment of depression related to alcohol withdrawal.
- SwRI scientist captures evidence of dynamic seasonal activity on a Martian sand dune
- Scientists begin building highly accurate digital twin of our planet
- Semaglutide paired with intensive behavioral therapy showed triple weight loss vs placebo
- Using a multipronged approach to investigate the diet of ancient dogs
- Researchers find new way to diagnose potential for Alzheimer’s disease method less invasive, costly