Most studies on the electron dynamics of molybdenum disulfide examined levels below the damage threshold. Scientists in China recently investigated the electron dynamics of MoS2 under intense ultrafast laser irradiation. A theoretical model and pump-probe technique were developed to analyse the ablation mechanism of MoS2. Two distinct phase transitions in the ablation process were identified. These results provide new avenues for understanding the processing and applications of MoS2 and other transitional metal dichalcogenides.
- Custom diets are essential to mental health, new research shows
- Do marketers matter for entrepreneurs?
- A new effect of red ginseng: suppression of lung cancer metastasis
- How are universities planning to tackle emissions associated with food and flying?
- Pressure-regulated excitonic feature enhances photocurrent of all-inorganic 2D perovski