Most studies on the electron dynamics of molybdenum disulfide examined levels below the damage threshold. Scientists in China recently investigated the electron dynamics of MoS2 under intense ultrafast laser irradiation. A theoretical model and pump-probe technique were developed to analyse the ablation mechanism of MoS2. Two distinct phase transitions in the ablation process were identified. These results provide new avenues for understanding the processing and applications of MoS2 and other transitional metal dichalcogenides.
- Jurassic fossils from northeastern China reveal morphological stasis in the catkin-yew
- Columbia physicians give first comprehensive review of COVID-19’s effects outside the lung
- Couldn’t socially distance? Blame your working memory
- Theft law needs reform to reduce the risk of judgements which lack ‘common sense’
- Is what I see, what I imagine? Study finds neural overlap between vision and imagination